Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Intro to a new level of life and ministry





I am believing that this blog is another means of communicating the work my wife and I steward for the Kingdom of God here in Baton Rouge. We are both members of Healing Place Church in Baton Rouge and are the campus pastors of the Donaldsonville Dream Center Campus.

(I am blown away at how much I want to post in order to get everyone caught up with what we actually do on a daily basis but that might take a while and I do not know if I will remember enough to make it worth reading.)


My wife is actually the ordained pastor and works everyday for the church in one of the poorest communities in our country. Donaldsonville is a small town with an average household income of $7 K per year. 2 grammar schools were shut down last year for "lack of students." This town is very poor. My wife has been working there for the last 5 1/2 years. I do not know anyone who deals with what my wife and her 3 staff members deal with on a daily basis. For example, we are actually beginning preparations for a funeral this weekend for a 2 1/2 year old boy who was killed yesterday by a drunk driver. We know that he is in heaven and that the mom had commited her life to Christ just 2 weeks ago. There is always something going on at the Dream Center.

I am working right now for the non-profit arm of our church for an organization called Church United for Community Development. I am program coordinator of the Prisoner Re-entry Initiative for the Department of Labor called "Step Out." My team consists of 3 case managers, one office assistant and me. We will work with over 200 families of released offenders over the next 12-15 months to help them get jobs, assist in housing options, reunite families, and encourage them to get into a strong bible based church. The program is in the beginning phases but is starting to pick up now.

I will fill more in later once this blog is up and running. Until then, pray for us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home